Our goal is to preserve our client’s wealth, grow wealth to meet client goals, guide giving to leave a lasting legacy, and bring clarity through a comprehensive planning process. Our clients are individual investors, high net worth investors, ultra high net worth investors, trustees, executors, small businesses, and nonprofits.
Our Advisors hold accreditations such as CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(™), Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (SM), Accredited Investment Fiduciary™, or Accredited Asset Management Specialist (™) . Further, our Advisors are members of leading professional organizations, such as the Financial Planning Association (FPA)™ and National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM)™. You can find out more about each of our Advisor’s Qualifications here.
When it comes to financial matters, we can help bring clarity in a complex world. Our philosophy begins with identifying where you are in your personal financial cycle, then we recommend and can implement a custom course of action.
- Comprehensive Financial Life Planning
- Rooted in your Personal Financial Life Cycle: Education, Accumulation, Consolidation, Distribution, and Legacy.
- Based on your Stress-tested written Financial Plan.
- Identification of your Personal Risk Tolerance and Time Horizon for each account.
- Identification of current risks in your plan, and specific actions to address them.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (™) or Accredited Investment Fiduciary (™) review of your Estate plan, with a focus on Inter-generational transfer of wealth.
- The Whole Picture
- Comprehensive guidance on existing Executive Compensation plans (Stock Options, RSU’s, PSU’s, Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation, etc), and private equity opportunities.
- Thorough review of your Estate plan, including real estate and private equity.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (™) or Accredited Investment Fiduciary (™) review of your Estate plan, including real estate and private equity.
- Team of Professionals
- Referral and coordination with CPA & Attorney resources, as needed.
- Institutional grade active Investment Management, including Conventional and Socially Responsible Investment Strategies that are managed by our team in Napa, California.
Perhaps you had years to prepare to assume to the Executor role, or perhaps the news came as a surprise. However it happened, you may find yourself grieving the loss of your relative or old friend, planning the funeral, finding out what bills need to be paid, figuring out what to do with their possessions, and finding out the specific responsibilities and personal liabilities of fulfilling the role.
Executors are often family members or old friends that are trusted to act with integrity to carry out the plans of the deceased. Because Executors are rarely experience professional fiduciaries, there can be many unanswered questions that can keep you up at night.
We are here to help Executors fulfill their Fiduciary responsibilities. Our Executor services are specifically designed after many years of experience Advising to a variety of Wills & Estates. Our Executor services include:
- Connect the Executor with CPA/Estate Attorney resources if needed, and attend meetings with CPA/Estate Attorney if needed.
- Analysis and guidance on the distribution of investment assets to beneficiaries, including real estate and private equity.
- Beneficiaries inherit a free planning consultation with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (™) or Accredited Investment Fiduciary (™).
- Institutional grade active Investment Management.
We find that Business Owners and Senior Executives frequently have uniquely complex financial lives, such as Executive Compensation plans (Stock Options, RSU’s, PSU’s, Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation, etc), private equity opportunities, or a real estate portfolio. The most effective Business Owners & Senior Executives work with a strong team of Investment, Tax, and Legal professionals. If you do not have a team yet, we can establish a team of Tax, Legal, Real Estate, and Philanthropic professionals.
As Planners and Investment Managers, we focus on:
- General consultative advice on a variety of financially related topics that keep Business Owners up at night.
- 401k, Defined Benefit, and Profit Sharing plan design and management.
- Business continuity such as inter-generational transfer, ESOP Plans, and Buy/Sell Agreement design and funding.
Our Mission Statement includes the commitment to "making a lasting impact in our community." As a Family run company, we contribute significant time and wealth to causes of profound importance to our firm, staff, and community. In addition, we have specific services designed for nonprofits, foundations, and philanthropists. Specifically, we help nonprofits conform to the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA).
For Individuals, Small Businesses, & Foundations
- Evaluation of philanthropic giving strategies
- Donor Advised Fund or Corporate Advised Fund to centralize giving, including investment of charitable funds for future giving.
- Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) to advise the grantmaking process.
- Includes anonymous giving.
For Nonprofits, Scholarship Funds, & Foundations:
- Analysis of your current investments and retirement plan, as compared with your mission.
- Analysis of reasonable rate of return on investable assets, given your time horizon & risk tolerance.
- Institutional grade active Investment Management, including Socially Responsible (SRI) and Fossil-Free Investment Strategies.
- Ongoing nonprofit Executive Coaching by our Chief Sustainability Officer.